Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Intentions of a blogger













Finding myself on Saatchi's website- http://www.saatchi-gallery.co.uk, I ran into some new artists that I found particularly interesting in regards to the type of work that I have been resonating with lately. I would like to pass their fascinating sense of energy and strangeness along to you. In order, Alisa Margolis, Michael Bauer, and Jacqueline Humphries.

What I would like to know, is why this type of work is not being shown in Chelsea? As a student, as an artist, and as someone involved in the professional art world, I find Chelsea to be particularly mis-representational of the work that I have seen in emerging artists. I guess this is what has prompted me to start this blog in the first place. Every good artist needs to be a critic , but not every critic is an artist. My intention for this is not to be a space for my personal rants or an allegorically, sexually transmitted disease. It is instead a place to infect the community with a new artistic perspective and to get people talking. Not to mention, STD's are a major social issue, but I have some weird sexual perversion that I love to include in anything that I find passionate. Throughout this process, I hope to have other artists and critics contributing and conversing over new art today.

If you are interested in posting an art critique to this blog, please contact me and I will review your submission. Happy STD'ing.



No comments: